Friday, September 11, 2009

Sept. 11

Hello, today is Sept. 11, the pack and I write this together so we can give a little bit of the information of what we remember from that terrible day, eight years ago.

I was in second grade, i think, and I remember the teachers leaving then coming back crying. I didn't understand till i got home and my parents told me. Last year, with school, we went to DC and we visited the flight 93 memorial in Shanksville PA. It's very plain, but there's so many things on that chainlink wall, fire fighters helmets, leather jackets, rosaries, coins, flowers, flags, signs, it's a moving place and much like arlington cemetary it's silent. The only sign of the travesty was a slight divet in the feild. (Tony)

I wasn't sure what was happening at first, I was in New York at the time, actually. Not too far from the towers, I was there because I was an alpha there for a few years. I remember someone yelling "They're heading for the towers!" My pack and I all ran to the top of our building where we could see the upper half of the towers. I remeber the sound of breaking, shattering, glass and the exploading plane. Then the second one hit. Then people started crying saying it had hit the pentagon and was heading for the white house. It was a day I'll never forget. (Benny)

Lots and lots of crying. (mikey)

Everyone's story is much the same, the pain of that day will forever live in out hearts.

-The Pack

2 comments:

  1. You know whats really wierd? I got a silver cap on my tooth when i was like 4 on 9-11. Ya, but no worries, i already got it off after like 5 years. O ya, by the way, HI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. was it that long ago? dang. that day was indeed interesting. me and me cousin were also in NY(it was her bday we were shoping)and was just as you described it benny. we went into undercover mode and up up up just as the buildings started to come down. salve by the way buddy!
    +cal

    ReplyDelete