Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Amazing Edgar Allan Poe

Hola ustedes. Yeah I speak spanish. Not fluently but i'm in Spanis II at school so. Yeah. Anywho. I didn't really realize how ignorant some people were, or how non-ignorant some people were. I don't even know what i'm talking about anymore. **SIGH** okay. Let's try again. My favorite Author and Poet is Edgar Allan Poe. I know crazy right? Not many people like him but to me he's the most amazing writer on the face of the universe. I adore reading Poe, and my english teacher is amazed by how much i love poe. We've read two Poe stories this year, The Cask Of Amontillado, and the Narrative Poem: The Raven. The Cask Of Amontialldo is an amazing story of revenge against a man who didn't realize he had done anything. Well for me it was a great story, down to the last page was Poe's signature "Scare, creeper, and physcoticness" As some people would say, but to me it was so amazing, it was perfect. But maybe i'm just a geek who actually understands the mind of Poe. Maybe the other kids are normal when they say "Poe is crazy" "I can't understand any of this" "God i hate reading Edgar Allan Poe" But hey idk. You like Poe?

4 comments:

  1. at my house we have a library and in the middle there is a big book of edger allan poe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, my class recently read 'The Tell-Tale Heart' I loved it! everyone else didnt really get it, and thought Poe was crazy... well it sucks for them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Edgar Allan Poe, well at least what I have read by him- which isn't much. When my english class read a story by Poe, it had his picture at the end and most people were freaked out by it. I thought it was interesting. Our teacher made us "analyze" the photo, I was the only one that raised their hand :) At that moment I wanted to know about his life because he carried a strange look in hisw eyes.
    I just started reading your blog and I would like to know how old you are. If you don't mind.
    -Amoreena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poe is an amazing author. My favorite story of his is a little heard of story called 'A Tale of the Ragged Mountain'

    ReplyDelete