Thursday, May 21, 2009

Give me Chemicals

Difference, abnormality, strange, weird, odd, you name it, it's what we are. Not only are we weird in the fact that we are well part wolf. We are different in the fact that we don't WANT to be normal. I'm a punk rocker, Benny's a Shakey (of william shakespear time) Danny's a newbie. None of us wish to be as mundane as the humans who loll around us in apparent contentment with the everyday bore of a routine they call "Lives." When i was human i thought i'd give anything to become different. To be a Lycan. Then when it happened i was ready to return to being a tiny speck amongst identical people who do the same thing day in and day out with little difference. Now that i've aged, i realize that being different is what makes us...us. Yes, hard to explain. But if every werewolf were alike we'd be like the many humans who refuse to accept differeence or are too scared to embrace it. It may sound as if i am generalizing the human race, my apologies if you are offended, BUT. Take a look around you as you walk through school, how many of them look the same? How many follow a pattern much the same as the other? But the question is...if YOU are going to be apart of that rank, apart of the mass bore that is the human race. You don't have to become mythical to be independent just forget whatever others think and let yourself shine.

``Werewolf Moon``

I don't know why i put it under that title. It just happens to be the song i'm listening to by the Pink Spiders.

4 comments:

  1. You make a good point. When I look around my school, I see a lot of the same people. And y'know? I can't help but feel really bad for them. I believe that they are capable of being different, but they seem to maybe be afraid of rejection. It's a shame that they won't be themselves.
    I may not be completly punk rock, but I think that I'm far from 'normal'. I'm happy with my life and glad to see where it's headed so far. Heck, my science teacher put me in charge of a video that my class is going. Why? Because I love creating films. I think that I may be the only one in that class who enjoys that. And I'm getting really excited about it, even though it's just a little project that probably won't mean anything to me in fifteen years. But, it's something that I love doing.

    Gah, kind of a long comment, but I wanted to say it all.
    Once again, have fun at the regional meeting this weekend!
    -Paris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I am. . . .technically speaking, human. And I understand exactly what your talking about. Humans feel the need to flow after one another and to 'copy' each other. I hate it. I see it practically everyday, and it seriously disgusts me. I will never understand why people can't love themselves for who they are. They want to be one with the crowd, just like everyone else. But they don't seem to realize that if your like everyone else you wind up losing your individuality. It's stupid. I love myself for who I am. And I always will. I learned a long time ago that if people don't like me, screw them. As long as you love you, for you, what does it matter what everyone else thinks?

    Wow long comment. Oh, well.
    -Yuuka

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get what your saying, I, as a zombie, am far from being normal. You are different, but most people don't realize how different you really are.

    ~lily

    P.S. What you wrote was really well-written... by that I mean I enjoyed reading it, like all your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand you entirely! loads of people at my school look similar in the way they dress how they do their make up how they have their hair styled. they are like sheep. the thing is i've never really fit in that well with everyone else, i only have a few mates but many enemies as they think im weird and different. but i dont mind, i like being the way i am and i think people who change to fit in are sad sad people. i took no offense in what you wrote at all.

    well said xx

    ReplyDelete